First Team Squad
180
·
1.2K
·
about 15 years

Sancho wrote:

Dougie Rydal wrote:

I wrote this under the 'Watching EPL live' forum topic, but relevant to this and even more so given the comments by the new CEO. Sounds like what the are proposing already exists with Kayo...

------------------------------------------------------------

It's not too relevant to watching EPL, as they don't have it, but I have signed up to Kayo Sports, which is the online arm of Foxtel AU, I use a Smart DNS service and pay the $25 AUD a month (free 2 week trial), but the offering is incredible,for example if you start watching a cricket game that has started, you can choose key moments, and it shows you replays of the wickets, or 6's etc. You can watch any current game 'Live' or 'from the start'.

It's light years ahead of anything i've seen. All Live and then On demand too, with a 'spoiler' or 'no spoiler' feature which turns the scores on or off on the initial front screen.

Hopefully they'll get the AU EPL rights back at some point, Optus have them currently, but Kayo have almost every other football league (A-League, Championship, Serie A, Bundeslgia, La Liga, MLS, FA Cup, Carabao Cup, Ligue 1, and all AU internationals (men and women), and other Sth American leagues.

The HD quality is excellent too, matches the sky coverage. Speaking of Sky i have just cancelled their service yesterday.

Good to know, was going to sign up to a trial and use my VPN with it but then it wouldn't let me as I don't have an Aus mobile number.

Guess I'll just stick with fanpass + kodi.

I just had a work colleague give me her mobile number, and used that, all it does is send a code which she texted to me, and which you have to enter when signing in.

Moar stars
1.2K
·
4.3K
·
about 10 years

Do you only need a code once or everytime you login?

First Team Squad
180
·
1.2K
·
about 15 years

nufc_nz wrote:

Do you only need a code once or everytime you login?

No, just the once

Starting XI
1.4K
·
4.5K
·
over 14 years

Sky have dropped their price for Fanpass to $38.99 per month, which gets Sky Sport 1-4 online.

Starting XI
1.2K
·
4.7K
·
almost 14 years

Revamp of Sky Sport channels debuting Thursday on Sky.

Also, new streaming service with all nine new Sky Sport channels available.

Big announcement this week of major shake-up of Sky Sport.

Completely new channel line-up.

Nine regular sports channels (plus ESPN and ESPN2).

Including new 24 hour football channel Sky Sport 7.

24 hour sports news channel.

Starts this Thursday August 1

Sounds a big improvement, especially the new streaming service.

Streaming service still pricy though compared to Spark Sport etc.

Read about it here:

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/other-sports/114504184/sky-beefs-up-sport-coverage-as-it-unveils-new-streaming-service

Starting XI
710
·
2.3K
·
over 10 years

Big Pete 65 wrote:

Revamp of Sky Sport channels debuting Thursday on Sky.

Also, new streaming service with all nine new Sky Sport channels available.

Big announcement this week of major shake-up of Sky Sport.

Completely new channel line-up.

Nine regular sports channels (plus ESPN and ESPN2).

Including new 24 hour football channel Sky Sport 7.

24 hour sports news channel.

Starts this Thursday August 1

Sounds a big improvement, especially the new streaming service.

Streaming service still pricy though compared to Spark Sport etc.

Read about it here:

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/other-sports/114504184/sky-beefs-up-sport-coverage-as-it-unveils-new-streaming-service

I don't understand why you are comparing the price? 

Marquee
1.8K
·
6.6K
·
about 15 years

Colvinator wrote:

Sky have dropped their price for Fanpass to $38.99 per month, which gets Sky Sport 1-4 online.

Question...

does that get you:
1) Nix live

2) Serie A live/replays

3) International football

3) Olympics and other large sporting events?

Also, do we know if the A-League will continue to stream games live on youtube to selected countries this season?

Thanks!

Phoenix Academy
79
·
180
·
almost 3 years

Colvinator wrote:

Sky have dropped their price for Fanpass to $38.99 per month, which gets Sky Sport 1-4 online.

Question...

does that get you:
1) Nix live

2) Serie A live/replays

3) International football

3) Olympics and other large sporting events?

Also, do we know if the A-League will continue to stream games live on youtube to selected countries this season?

Thanks!

Appears it may have more, not sure if Serie A will be on it but will be surprised if Nix isn't live.

From August 1, Sky will have 12 HD sport channels, with dedicated homes for rugby, cricket, golf and football, as well as a new sports news channel.

Sky has clearly raised its game with Sky Sport Now (replaces Fanpass), which will be available from August 14 with weekly, monthly and annual price options.

As well as the 12 sport channels, the app will provide access to replays, highlights, features and documentaries on demand, as well a stats section.

Sky Sport 7 will be Football 24/7

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/other-sports/114504184/sky-beefs-up-sport-coverage-as-it-unveils-new-streaming-service

Starting XI
710
·
2.3K
·
over 10 years

Colvinator wrote:

Sky have dropped their price for Fanpass to $38.99 per month, which gets Sky Sport 1-4 online.

Question...

does that get you:
1) Nix live

2) Serie A live/replays

3) International football

3) Olympics and other large sporting events?

Also, do we know if the A-League will continue to stream games live on youtube to selected countries this season?

Thanks!

the new SKY Sport Now will replace Fanpass and will have all 10 SKY Sport Channels (SKY Sports News and Sport 1-9).

In regards to Football there is a football specific channel (SKY Sport 7) which has a combination of the Football SKY has already (champions league, Serie A etc) and the football beIN still has left after the premier league is taken out (so Copa America recently, Ligue 1 etc etc).

I imagine the A-League will be on Sport 7 - the only question I have that has yet to be answered by the programming department is when there are several football games on at the same time will the games be moved to the non-dedicated sports channels or will there be football pop ups and if they are pop ups will they be available on SKY Sport Now - i think the former will be the most likely.

Tegal
·
Head Sleuth
3K
·
19K
·
about 15 years

chopah wrote:

Big Pete 65 wrote:

Revamp of Sky Sport channels debuting Thursday on Sky.

Also, new streaming service with all nine new Sky Sport channels available.

Big announcement this week of major shake-up of Sky Sport.

Completely new channel line-up.

Nine regular sports channels (plus ESPN and ESPN2).

Including new 24 hour football channel Sky Sport 7.

24 hour sports news channel.

Starts this Thursday August 1

Sounds a big improvement, especially the new streaming service.

Streaming service still pricy though compared to Spark Sport etc.

Read about it here:

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/other-sports/114504184/sky-beefs-up-sport-coverage-as-it-unveils-new-streaming-service

I don't understand why you are comparing the price? 

2.5x the price of the nearest competitor is rather a lot. 

Starting XI
710
·
2.3K
·
over 10 years

Tegal wrote:

chopah wrote:

Big Pete 65 wrote:

Revamp of Sky Sport channels debuting Thursday on Sky.

Also, new streaming service with all nine new Sky Sport channels available.

Big announcement this week of major shake-up of Sky Sport.

Completely new channel line-up.

Nine regular sports channels (plus ESPN and ESPN2).

Including new 24 hour football channel Sky Sport 7.

24 hour sports news channel.

Starts this Thursday August 1

Sounds a big improvement, especially the new streaming service.

Streaming service still pricy though compared to Spark Sport etc.

Read about it here:

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/other-sports/114504184/sky-beefs-up-sport-coverage-as-it-unveils-new-streaming-service

I don't understand why you are comparing the price? 

2.5x the price of the nearest competitor is rather a lot. 

not when there is over 2.5x the content...

Starting XI
1.2K
·
4.7K
·
almost 14 years

chopah wrote:

Tegal wrote:

chopah wrote:

Big Pete 65 wrote:

Revamp of Sky Sport channels debuting Thursday on Sky.

Also, new streaming service with all nine new Sky Sport channels available.

Big announcement this week of major shake-up of Sky Sport.

Completely new channel line-up.

Nine regular sports channels (plus ESPN and ESPN2).

Including new 24 hour football channel Sky Sport 7.

24 hour sports news channel.

Starts this Thursday August 1

Sounds a big improvement, especially the new streaming service.

Streaming service still pricy though compared to Spark Sport etc.

Read about it here:

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/other-sports/114504184/sky-beefs-up-sport-coverage-as-it-unveils-new-streaming-service

I don't understand why you are comparing the price? 

2.5x the price of the nearest competitor is rather a lot. 

not when there is over 2.5x the content...

I take your point that Sky Sport will cover more sports and have many more hours of content.

However, if you're only (or mostly)  interested in football, then like most of us on the Yellow Fever forums i expect, I'd only really be interested in the A-League, UEFA Champions League and internationals.

I like a bit of Black Caps cricket and Breakers basketball too but not other sports so much.

To me, you'd be better off subscribing to the Sky Starter package with Sport with MySky or a DVD recorder to record things.

Doesn't cost so much more than the new Sky Sport Now streaming service.

Marquee
1.1K
·
7.6K
·
almost 11 years
Tegal
·
Head Sleuth
3K
·
19K
·
about 15 years

chopah wrote:

Tegal wrote:

chopah wrote:

Big Pete 65 wrote:

Revamp of Sky Sport channels debuting Thursday on Sky.

Also, new streaming service with all nine new Sky Sport channels available.

Big announcement this week of major shake-up of Sky Sport.

Completely new channel line-up.

Nine regular sports channels (plus ESPN and ESPN2).

Including new 24 hour football channel Sky Sport 7.

24 hour sports news channel.

Starts this Thursday August 1

Sounds a big improvement, especially the new streaming service.

Streaming service still pricy though compared to Spark Sport etc.

Read about it here:

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/other-sports/114504184/sky-beefs-up-sport-coverage-as-it-unveils-new-streaming-service

I don't understand why you are comparing the price? 

2.5x the price of the nearest competitor is rather a lot. 

not when there is over 2.5x the content...

But it’s still fair to compare price. 2.5x more expensive is a lot more expensive. 

Spark sport probably has enough sports content for most people (particularly during EPL season), and is 2.5x cheaper than than sky’s repackaged fanpass. 

Sky may have more content, but I don’t watch most of it. So why pay 50 when you can pay 20.

Realistically as subscriptions expire I’d probably switch between the services depending on what I want to watch. A bit like I do with Netflix and lightbox. But with those price points, I reckon I’d choose to subscribe to Spark more often than I’d choose to subscribe to sky’s service. 

Starting XI
710
·
2.3K
·
over 10 years

Tegal wrote:

chopah wrote:

Tegal wrote:

chopah wrote:

Big Pete 65 wrote:

Revamp of Sky Sport channels debuting Thursday on Sky.

Also, new streaming service with all nine new Sky Sport channels available.

Big announcement this week of major shake-up of Sky Sport.

Completely new channel line-up.

Nine regular sports channels (plus ESPN and ESPN2).

Including new 24 hour football channel Sky Sport 7.

24 hour sports news channel.

Starts this Thursday August 1

Sounds a big improvement, especially the new streaming service.

Streaming service still pricy though compared to Spark Sport etc.

Read about it here:

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/other-sports/114504184/sky-beefs-up-sport-coverage-as-it-unveils-new-streaming-service

I don't understand why you are comparing the price? 

2.5x the price of the nearest competitor is rather a lot. 

not when there is over 2.5x the content...

But it’s still fair to compare price. 2.5x more expensive is a lot more expensive. 

Spark sport probably has enough sports content for most people (particularly during EPL season), and is 2.5x cheaper than than sky’s repackaged fanpass. 

Sky may have more content, but I don’t watch most of it. So why pay 50 when you can pay 20.

Realistically as subscriptions expire I’d probably switch between the services depending on what I want to watch. A bit like I do with Netflix and lightbox. But with those price points, I reckon I’d choose to subscribe to Spark more often than I’d choose to subscribe to sky’s service. 

my point is it's not the same service - it's not like your comparing the same product at different prices - literally these two services have exclusive rights on content (except for NBA) so a different product. I would think you would choose based on what content you want to watch not price.

Tegal
·
Head Sleuth
3K
·
19K
·
about 15 years

chopah wrote:

Tegal wrote:

chopah wrote:

Tegal wrote:

chopah wrote:

Big Pete 65 wrote:

Revamp of Sky Sport channels debuting Thursday on Sky.

Also, new streaming service with all nine new Sky Sport channels available.

Big announcement this week of major shake-up of Sky Sport.

Completely new channel line-up.

Nine regular sports channels (plus ESPN and ESPN2).

Including new 24 hour football channel Sky Sport 7.

24 hour sports news channel.

Starts this Thursday August 1

Sounds a big improvement, especially the new streaming service.

Streaming service still pricy though compared to Spark Sport etc.

Read about it here:

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/other-sports/114504184/sky-beefs-up-sport-coverage-as-it-unveils-new-streaming-service

I don't understand why you are comparing the price? 

2.5x the price of the nearest competitor is rather a lot. 

not when there is over 2.5x the content...

But it’s still fair to compare price. 2.5x more expensive is a lot more expensive. 

Spark sport probably has enough sports content for most people (particularly during EPL season), and is 2.5x cheaper than than sky’s repackaged fanpass. 

Sky may have more content, but I don’t watch most of it. So why pay 50 when you can pay 20.

Realistically as subscriptions expire I’d probably switch between the services depending on what I want to watch. A bit like I do with Netflix and lightbox. But with those price points, I reckon I’d choose to subscribe to Spark more often than I’d choose to subscribe to sky’s service. 

my point is it's not the same service - it's not like your comparing the same product at different prices - literally these two services have exclusive rights on content (except for NBA) so a different product. I would think you would choose based on what content you want to watch not price.

Of course price is a factor. If Spark sport were $1000 per month I wouldn’t subscribe even if I wanted to watch EPL. 

I’d weigh the content I wanted to watch vs the price then compare that to the other sports streaming options content and price. Like people would do with any purchase they make. 

It’s the same service, they both stream sport. Just each service has different offerings - in the same way Cadbury and Whittaker’s both sell the same product, chocolate, but in different flavours, quality and price point. 

If they were both the same price, I’d likely sign up to sky’s service more often as with more content it’s more likely I’d feel like watching one of the sports they’re offering. Although I’d still sign up to spark occasionally if I felt like watching EPL or F1. 

So price is clearly a factor. Like it is with any purchase of a product or service. 

Starting XI
710
·
2.3K
·
over 10 years

you make some interesting points - I'm not entirely convinced by your general argument but nevertheless it's an interesting viewpoint.

Starting XI
1.2K
·
4.7K
·
almost 14 years

Just looking at the schedule for the new Sky Sport 7 football channel, they seem to have taken over everything that was on the one BeIn Sport channel that was left.

https://www.sky.co.nz/tvguide

So it seems BeIn no longer has a seperate channel carried on Sky?

Better value for football followers now that they don't have to pay extra for the BeIn Sport content but get it as part of their Sky Sport package.

Most people would have been subscribing to BeIn Sport on Sky for the EPL coverage.

Now they've lost the rights, I suspect too many people stopped subscribing, so Sky have taken the BeIn coverage under their umbrella.

A very positive move by Sky in my book.

Marquee
1.8K
·
6.6K
·
about 15 years

Forgive me - I'm a bit slow on the uptake...

So according to this, only Sky TV have the rights to Serie A in NZ.

BeIn doesn't have the rights so basically I either sign up to Sky and get basic + Sky sport for over $50/month or I keep streaming live/replay matches when I get home?

Is this correct?

Thanks!

Starting XI
710
·
2.3K
·
over 10 years

Forgive me - I'm a bit slow on the uptake...

So according to this, only Sky TV have the rights to Serie A in NZ.

BeIn doesn't have the rights so basically I either sign up to Sky and get basic + Sky sport for over $50/month or I keep streaming live/replay matches when I get home?

Is this correct?

Thanks!

Yes that's correct.

Here is my understanding:


SKY Football Coverage

Champions League

All Whites/Football Ferns/World Cups

Europa League

A-League

Handa Premiership?  Not sure

Serie A

MLS

beIN Football Coverage

EFL

La Liga

Liege 1 (French)

some bundasliega

SPFL

League cup (to be confirmed)

plus some other bits and pieces

ESPN

Still has FA Cup as far as I know

also has some MLS and south american football

Marquee
1.8K
·
6.6K
·
about 15 years

^

Thank you! I guess the alternative would be to look for a paid subscription which is available outside of NZ and use a VPN?

But if I have to go through all that trouble, I might as well just keep on streaming to be honest...

Starting XI
710
·
2.3K
·
over 10 years

Are you only interested in Serie A - nothing else?  Otherwise unless your a big of the Premier League which SKY dosn't have would you not just subscribe to the new SKY Sport Now.

Phoenix Academy
290
·
300
·
over 7 years

I used ESPN+ last summer which was great. $5 a month. Had A-league, Serie A, FA Cup, Carabao Cup, Bundesliga, MLS etc. Has all the NZ home cricket games too

Marquee
1.8K
·
6.6K
·
about 15 years

chopah wrote:

Are you only interested in Serie A - nothing else?  Otherwise unless your a big of the Premier League which SKY dosn't have would you not just subscribe to the new SKY Sport Now.

Yeah Serie A only. I mean, I'd watch anything but really only have time for Roma and the Phoenix...

Will check out Sky Sport Now - didn't see this option when I checked out their website earlier. Is it all online (eg, no Sky box at home and no Sky Basic subscription needed)? Cheers

EDIT: Wow, still $50 per month or $40 per month if you buy a yearly pass - that's very expensive!

Marquee
1.8K
·
6.6K
·
about 15 years

I used ESPN+ last summer which was great. $5 a month. Had A-league, Serie A, FA Cup, Carabao Cup, Bundesliga, MLS etc. Has all the NZ home cricket games too

That sounds more like. Just checked it out on my phone...looks great and only US$5/mo!!!

Do you know if you can watch full match replays without spoilers? Some webisites will show you replays but will tell you the score first...

Fever Numpty
350
·
950
·
almost 8 years

chopah wrote:

Forgive me - I'm a bit slow on the uptake...

So according to this, only Sky TV have the rights to Serie A in NZ.

BeIn doesn't have the rights so basically I either sign up to Sky and get basic + Sky sport for over $50/month or I keep streaming live/replay matches when I get home?

Is this correct?

Thanks!

Yes that's correct.

Here is my understanding:


SKY Football Coverage

Champions League

All Whites/Football Ferns/World Cups

Europa League

A-League

Handa Premiership?  Not sure

Serie A

MLS

beIN Football Coverage

EFL

La Liga

Liege 1 (French)

some bundasliega

SPFL

League cup (to be confirmed)

plus some other bits and pieces

ESPN

Still has FA Cup as far as I know

also has some MLS and south american football

Random Question is sky ever going to do on demand? i.e. I love MLS (Not really but an example) but not all the games are one sky, will they bring a online on demand system to watch everything (pref with a smart TV Ap)? A bit like what Spark is doing with EPL.

I think for me this would be the value game changer.

Phoenix Academy
290
·
300
·
over 7 years

I used ESPN+ last summer which was great. $5 a month. Had A-league, Serie A, FA Cup, Carabao Cup, Bundesliga, MLS etc. Has all the NZ home cricket games too

That sounds more like. Just checked it out on my phone...looks great and only US$5/mo!!!

Do you know if you can watch full match replays without spoilers? Some webisites will show you replays but will tell you the score first...

You can definitely watch the replays without spoilers. The only downside is on the homepage it has all the live games with live scores. Kinda like the proper Espn channel with all the MLB or NBA scores scrolling across the bottom. Lucky the a league is pretty insignificant to them so we're not often on the front page. Cricket is though. Replays go up within 5 mins which is good 

Marquee
1.8K
·
6.6K
·
about 15 years

I used ESPN+ last summer which was great. $5 a month. Had A-league, Serie A, FA Cup, Carabao Cup, Bundesliga, MLS etc. Has all the NZ home cricket games too

That sounds more like. Just checked it out on my phone...looks great and only US$5/mo!!!

Do you know if you can watch full match replays without spoilers? Some webisites will show you replays but will tell you the score first...

You can definitely watch the replays without spoilers. The only downside is on the homepage it has all the live games with live scores. Kinda like the proper Espn channel with all the MLB or NBA scores scrolling across the bottom. Lucky the a league is pretty insignificant to them so we're not often on the front page. Cricket is though. Replays go up within 5 mins which is good 

That's great thank you, I'm definitely signing up. So I can watch replays on demand without stressing too much. There's some good free websites out there but sometimes there are spoilers or the replays will be in weird languages or there will be no replay until 24 hours after the game (for games against smaller teams) and it's hard for me to basically avoid the internet for that long so I don't find out the score.

Starting XI
710
·
2.3K
·
over 10 years

RoriM6 wrote:

chopah wrote:

Forgive me - I'm a bit slow on the uptake...

So according to this, only Sky TV have the rights to Serie A in NZ.

BeIn doesn't have the rights so basically I either sign up to Sky and get basic + Sky sport for over $50/month or I keep streaming live/replay matches when I get home?

Is this correct?

Thanks!

Yes that's correct.

Here is my understanding:


SKY Football Coverage

Champions League

All Whites/Football Ferns/World Cups

Europa League

A-League

Handa Premiership?  Not sure

Serie A

MLS

beIN Football Coverage

EFL

La Liga

Liege 1 (French)

some bundasliega

SPFL

League cup (to be confirmed)

plus some other bits and pieces

ESPN

Still has FA Cup as far as I know

also has some MLS and south american football

Random Question is sky ever going to do on demand? i.e. I love MLS (Not really but an example) but not all the games are one sky, will they bring a online on demand system to watch everything (pref with a smart TV Ap)? A bit like what Spark is doing with EPL.

I think for me this would be the value game changer.

I think SKY Go has all the sport that is shown on linear available on demand - generally speaking if a game isn't shown live then SKY don't have the rights - in your example with MLS I understand SKY have a limited deal for one game a weekend or one game a day (not sure which) as I know ESPN also have NZ rights as do Spark.  

Fever Numpty
350
·
950
·
almost 8 years

chopah wrote:

RoriM6 wrote:

chopah wrote:

Forgive me - I'm a bit slow on the uptake...

So according to this, only Sky TV have the rights to Serie A in NZ.

BeIn doesn't have the rights so basically I either sign up to Sky and get basic + Sky sport for over $50/month or I keep streaming live/replay matches when I get home?

Is this correct?

Thanks!

Yes that's correct.

Here is my understanding:


SKY Football Coverage

Champions League

All Whites/Football Ferns/World Cups

Europa League

A-League

Handa Premiership?  Not sure

Serie A

MLS

beIN Football Coverage

EFL

La Liga

Liege 1 (French)

some bundasliega

SPFL

League cup (to be confirmed)

plus some other bits and pieces

ESPN

Still has FA Cup as far as I know

also has some MLS and south american football

Random Question is sky ever going to do on demand? i.e. I love MLS (Not really but an example) but not all the games are one sky, will they bring a online on demand system to watch everything (pref with a smart TV Ap)? A bit like what Spark is doing with EPL.

I think for me this would be the value game changer.

I think SKY Go has all the sport that is shown on linear available on demand - generally speaking if a game isn't shown live then SKY don't have the rights - in your example with MLS I understand SKY have a limited deal for one game a weekend or one game a day (not sure which) as I know ESPN also have NZ rights as do Spark.  

Ok thanks

Tegal
·
Head Sleuth
3K
·
19K
·
about 15 years

chopah wrote:

Forgive me - I'm a bit slow on the uptake...

So according to this, only Sky TV have the rights to Serie A in NZ.

BeIn doesn't have the rights so basically I either sign up to Sky and get basic + Sky sport for over $50/month or I keep streaming live/replay matches when I get home?

Is this correct?

Thanks!

Yes that's correct.

Here is my understanding:


SKY Football Coverage

Champions League

All Whites/Football Ferns/World Cups

Europa League

A-League

Handa Premiership?  Not sure

Serie A

MLS

beIN Football Coverage

EFL

La Liga

Liege 1 (French)

some bundasliega

SPFL

League cup (to be confirmed)

plus some other bits and pieces

ESPN

Still has FA Cup as far as I know

also has some MLS and south american football

Quite a good football lineup that. Though limited coverage of some of those leagues. Worth switching from spark to sky now around champions league knockout time. 

I wonder if events like the men’s football World Cup will be on the sky now service or if it’ll get the same treatment it did with fan pass where it was chucked on popup channels that fanpass customers couldn’t access?

The better Barnes
210
·
360
·
over 10 years

Tegal wrote:

chopah wrote:

Forgive me - I'm a bit slow on the uptake...

So according to this, only Sky TV have the rights to Serie A in NZ.

BeIn doesn't have the rights so basically I either sign up to Sky and get basic + Sky sport for over $50/month or I keep streaming live/replay matches when I get home?

Is this correct?

Thanks!

Yes that's correct.

Here is my understanding:


SKY Football Coverage

Champions League

All Whites/Football Ferns/World Cups

Europa League

A-League

Handa Premiership?  Not sure

Serie A

MLS

beIN Football Coverage

EFL

La Liga

Liege 1 (French)

some bundasliega

SPFL

League cup (to be confirmed)

plus some other bits and pieces

ESPN

Still has FA Cup as far as I know

also has some MLS and south american football

Quite a good football lineup that. Though limited coverage of some of those leagues. Worth switching from spark to sky now around champions league knockout time. 

I wonder if events like the men’s football World Cup will be on the sky now service or if it’ll get the same treatment it did with fan pass where it was chucked on popup channels that fanpass customers couldn’t access?

Is your last statement correct? I specifically bought Fanpass for the World Cup, and don't recall not being able to watch games because they were on the pop-up channels (unless this happened for simultaneous games, in which case this would have been a minority of games, with the option for other games on the usual channels). 
First Team Squad
180
·
1.2K
·
about 15 years

^

Thank you! I guess the alternative would be to look for a paid subscription which is available outside of NZ and use a VPN?

But if I have to go through all that trouble, I might as well just keep on streaming to be honest...

Kayo (the online sport arm of Foxtel) from Aussie is pretty impressive, $25AUD a month, but they have basically any sport you can think of they have. They only real exception as far as i can see is the EPL and Champions League, but they have every other league.

Here is their list of Sports/Event for 2019...

https://help.kayosports.com.au/s/article/What-content-is-available-as-part-of-your-Kayo-subscription

It's all available 'From the Start', 'Live' if you access during a game, or 'On Demand' later.

Hell of a service, i think it's what this new Sky Sport online offering will aim for, Spark Sport too for that matter.

One in a million
2.7K
·
8.7K
·
over 15 years

Quite enjoying all the EFL on Sky at the moment.

Phoenix Academy
51
·
270
·
almost 9 years

I used ESPN+ last summer which was great. $5 a month. Had A-league, Serie A, FA Cup, Carabao Cup, Bundesliga, MLS etc. Has all the NZ home cricket games too

That sounds more like. Just checked it out on my phone...looks great and only US$5/mo!!!

Do you know if you can watch full match replays without spoilers? Some webisites will show you replays but will tell you the score first...



Is ESPN+ available outside the USA or does one need to use a VPN? If VPN is needed, do they also require an American address/phone number to set up an account with them?
Phoenix Academy
51
·
270
·
almost 9 years

The only sports we watch regularly is the A League, MLS and the Handa Premiership. Not really interested in any other kind of sports, except CPL (Canadian Soccer League) which we watch via paid subscription. And of course the World Cup but that's not happening for a while.

Really not keen to pay Sky prices when we want so little of what they are offering.  I guess the sky streaming thing would be the only somewhat cheaper option. I see posts about ESPN+ but not sure if anyone on here has had success using that from outside the USA.

Starting XI
710
·
2.3K
·
over 10 years

CanadianFan wrote:

The only sports we watch regularly is the A League, MLS and the Handa Premiership. Not really interested in any other kind of sports, except CPL (Canadian Soccer League) which we watch via paid subscription. And of course the World Cup but that's not happening for a while.

Really not keen to pay Sky prices when we want so little of what they are offering.  I guess the sky streaming thing would be the only somewhat cheaper option. I see posts about ESPN+ but not sure if anyone on here has had success using that from outside the USA.

I'm sure I will be slated for saying this - but watching content via a source other than the service that has the rights for NZ is breaching copyright laws and therefore illegal.  so do it at your own risk.

Particularly if you are using that kind of service to watch the A-League because then your not counted as a metric so your directly disadvantaging the Nix.  

now - let the haters have their say... :-)

Starting XI
220
·
2.7K
·
over 15 years

chopah wrote:

Yes that's correct.

Here is my understanding:


SKY Football Coverage

Champions League

All Whites/Football Ferns/World Cups

Europa League

A-League

Handa Premiership?  Not sure

Serie A

MLS

beIN Football Coverage

EFL

La Liga

Liege 1 (French)

some bundasliega

SPFL

League cup (to be confirmed)

plus some other bits and pieces

ESPN

Still has FA Cup as far as I know

also has some MLS and south american football

Any plans afoot to get rights to (East) Asian Leagues or even ACL?

Phoenix Academy
51
·
270
·
almost 9 years

chopah wrote:

CanadianFan wrote:

The only sports we watch regularly is the A League, MLS and the Handa Premiership. Not really interested in any other kind of sports, except CPL (Canadian Soccer League) which we watch via paid subscription. And of course the World Cup but that's not happening for a while.

Really not keen to pay Sky prices when we want so little of what they are offering.  I guess the sky streaming thing would be the only somewhat cheaper option. I see posts about ESPN+ but not sure if anyone on here has had success using that from outside the USA.

I'm sure I will be slated for saying this - but watching content via a source other than the service that has the rights for NZ is breaching copyright laws and therefore illegal.  so do it at your own risk.

Particularly if you are using that kind of service to watch the A-League because then your not counted as a metric so your directly disadvantaging the Nix.  

now - let the haters have their say... :-)

Would happily pay, as we do for our Canadian Soccer league but seems a high price for just A League and (maybe) Handa Premiership and the occasional MLS game. 

Tegal
·
Head Sleuth
3K
·
19K
·
about 15 years
Kyle1502 wrote:
Tegal wrote:
chopah wrote:

Forgive me - I'm a bit slow on the uptake...

So according to this, only Sky TV have the rights to Serie A in NZ.

BeIn doesn't have the rights so basically I either sign up to Sky and get basic + Sky sport for over $50/month or I keep streaming live/replay matches when I get home?

Is this correct?

Thanks!

Yes that's correct.

Here is my understanding:


SKY Football Coverage

Champions League

All Whites/Football Ferns/World Cups

Europa League

A-League

Handa Premiership?  Not sure

Serie A

MLS

beIN Football Coverage

EFL

La Liga

Liege 1 (French)

some bundasliega

SPFL

League cup (to be confirmed)

plus some other bits and pieces

ESPN

Still has FA Cup as far as I know

also has some MLS and south american football

Quite a good football lineup that. Though limited coverage of some of those leagues. Worth switching from spark to sky now around champions league knockout time. 

I wonder if events like the men’s football World Cup will be on the sky now service or if it’ll get the same treatment it did with fan pass where it was chucked on popup channels that fanpass customers couldn’t access?

Is your last statement correct? I specifically bought Fanpass for the World Cup, and don't recall not being able to watch games because they were on the pop-up channels (unless this happened for simultaneous games, in which case this would have been a minority of games, with the option for other games on the usual channels). 

Guess it’s not correct then! Not sure what sport I was thinking of there. 

You’ll need an account to join the conversation!

Sign in Sign up