Marquee
2.7K
·
9.1K
·
over 6 years

coochiee wrote:

On the bench as Portland play New York City in their quarter final.

Winner to play Phili Union in the other semi final.

Unused sub as Timbers win 3-1, to advance to semi final.

Could be a Minnesota verus Portland final.

Marquee
2.7K
·
9.1K
·
over 6 years
Marquee
2.7K
·
9.1K
·
over 6 years

On the bench as Timbers take on home team Orlando and Nani in the MLS is Back final.

RR
·
Bossi Insider
4.2K
·
27K
·
about 13 years

Timbers up 2-1 in stoppage time

Marquee
2.7K
·
9.1K
·
over 6 years

coochiee wrote:

On the bench as Timbers take on home team Orlando and Nani in the MLS is Back final.

Portland win 2-1.

Tuiloma stays on the bench. His often CB partner and fellow Francophile Mabiala, with first goal for Timbers. Fairly new club CB Župarić (who for the moment has overtaken the Kiwi) with the 2nd goal.

Promising signs anyway for regular season for Portland. Hopefully Billy T, can crack back into the starting lineup somewhere.

FYI - Pedro Gallese who was keeper for Peru during intercontinental playoffs against AWs in 2017, is now the Orlando keeper.

RR
·
Bossi Insider
4.2K
·
27K
·
about 13 years

coochiee wrote:

coochiee wrote:

On the bench as Timbers take on home team Orlando and Nani in the MLS is Back final.

Portland win 2-1.

Tuiloma stays on the bench. His often CB partner and fellow Francophile Mabiala, with first goal for Timbers. Fairly new club CB Župarić (who for the moment has overtaken the Kiwi) with the 2nd goal.

Promising signs anyway for regular season for Portland. Hopefully Billy T, can crack back into the starting lineup somewhere.

FYI - Pedro Gallese who was keeper for Peru during intercontinental playoffs against AWs in 2017, is now the Orlando keeper.

Timber's account said he replaced Valeri in stoppage time.
Marquee
2.7K
·
9.1K
·
over 6 years
WeeNix
110
·
610
·
over 8 years

so pretty much stayed on the bench then...

Marquee
2.7K
·
9.1K
·
over 6 years
Marquee
2.7K
·
9.1K
·
over 6 years

Full game as Timbers get a 3-0 spanking at home, from Seattle in the Pacific North West derby game.

Peruvian Ruidiaz with 2 goals and an assist.

https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2020/08/24/highlights-portland-timbers-vs-seattle-sounders-fc-august-23-2020

Marquee
2.7K
·
9.1K
·
over 6 years

Portland verus San Jose also postponed, as a BLM protest.

Unless if Tuiloma was named to start or not.

Marquee
2.7K
·
9.1K
·
over 6 years

Not in match day squad as Portland draw 4-4 with Real Salt Lake, in Oregon.

RSL with goals at 90 & 94 mins, to come back from 4-2 down.

https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2020/08/30/highlights-portland-timbers-vs-real-salt-lake-august-29-2020?autoplay=true

Marquee
2.7K
·
9.1K
·
over 6 years

Back in starting lineup as Timbers host LA Galaxy.

So even without Reid, that's 3 Kiwi CBs starting in today in the MLS.

No "Little Pea" Hernandez for Galaxy. Think he is injured.

Another Mexican, 18 year old Efrain Alvarez puts LA up 1-0. Jonathan dos Santos on the bench.

See Mexico are scheduled to play a friendly against Netherlands, 7th October. AWs to follow after somewhere in Europe?

Marquee
2.7K
·
9.1K
·
over 6 years

coochiee wrote:

Back in starting lineup as Timbers host LA Galaxy.

3- 2 win to the Galaxy.

Full game Tuiloma.

Portland won that Orlando tourney, but since then they have had patchy form of 2 losses, plus a 4-4 draw. All home games.

https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2020/09/03/highlights-portland-timbers-vs-la-galaxy-september-2-2020?autoplay=true

Marquee
2.7K
·
9.1K
·
over 6 years

Comes on at 88th minute as Portland travel to Seattle for return fixture, in North West derby. 

Result a 2-1 Timbers win. 2nd goal late at 83 mins, so Billy T introduced to help preserve that no doubt. 

Portland go up to 4th in Western Conference. Though they will be overtaken by winner (unless is a draw) of Galaxy and LAFC who are playing now.

https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2020/09/07/highligh...

Marquee
2.7K
·
9.1K
·
over 6 years

Unused sub in a 4-2 loss at LAFC.

No goals in the 2nd half, until LAFC’s 4th in 95th minute.

First Team Squad
1.1K
·
1.6K
·
about 12 years

coochiee wrote:

Unused sub in a 4-2 loss at LAFC.

No goals in the 2nd half, until LAFC’s 4th in 95th minute.

His talent is being wasted sitting on the bench in the MLS. Time for him to come back to NZ as a replacement for Taylor.

Marquee
2.7K
·
9.1K
·
over 6 years

djtim3000 wrote:

coochiee wrote:

Unused sub in a 4-2 loss at LAFC.

No goals in the 2nd half, until LAFC’s 4th in 95th minute.

His talent is being wasted sitting on the bench in the MLS. Time for him to come back to NZ as a replacement for Taylor.

Maybe. But from MLS match highlights this season, he’s actually been a bit poor. Plenty of mistakes. Still A League is a lower level. 

Starting XI
1.4K
·
2.4K
·
over 4 years

coochiee wrote:

djtim3000 wrote:

coochiee wrote:

Unused sub in a 4-2 loss at LAFC.

No goals in the 2nd half, until LAFC’s 4th in 95th minute.

His talent is being wasted sitting on the bench in the MLS. Time for him to come back to NZ as a replacement for Taylor.

Maybe. But from MLS match highlights this season, he’s actually been a bit poor. Plenty of mistakes. Still A League is a lower level. 

yeah, definitely looked way off the mark this season. big change from when he was first promoted to the main squad and getting consistent starts. A move to the Nix may not be off the cards completely

Woof Woof
2.7K
·
19K
·
about 14 years

mrsmiis wrote:

coochiee wrote:

djtim3000 wrote:

coochiee wrote:

Unused sub in a 4-2 loss at LAFC.

No goals in the 2nd half, until LAFC’s 4th in 95th minute.

His talent is being wasted sitting on the bench in the MLS. Time for him to come back to NZ as a replacement for Taylor.

Maybe. But from MLS match highlights this season, he’s actually been a bit poor. Plenty of mistakes. Still A League is a lower level. 

yeah, definitely looked way off the mark this season. big change from when he was first promoted to the main squad and getting consistent starts. A move to the Nix may not be off the cards completely

See he's getting $100k US at Portland, which is about $150k NZ. You'd definitely have him for that type of money especially now that Taylor's gone.

Lawyerish
1.2K
·
4.4K
·
over 10 years

Haven’t looked up his salary but Musa would be a lot lower then that, so we may as well get him as well to replace devere 

He can also provide cover to central mid (where I know he has been playing) to replace steinman 

Think the key with this Covid mess is getting kiwis back who can do a job 

First Team Squad
1.1K
·
1.6K
·
about 12 years

el grapadura wrote:

mrsmiis wrote:

coochiee wrote:

djtim3000 wrote:

coochiee wrote:

Unused sub in a 4-2 loss at LAFC.

No goals in the 2nd half, until LAFC’s 4th in 95th minute.

His talent is being wasted sitting on the bench in the MLS. Time for him to come back to NZ as a replacement for Taylor.

Maybe. But from MLS match highlights this season, he’s actually been a bit poor. Plenty of mistakes. Still A League is a lower level. 

yeah, definitely looked way off the mark this season. big change from when he was first promoted to the main squad and getting consistent starts. A move to the Nix may not be off the cards completely

See he's getting $100k US at Portland, which is about $150k NZ. You'd definitely have him for that type of money especially now that Taylor's gone.

Interesting. A TAHW and Tuiloma backline would be solid and set us up for years to come. When does his contract expire?

Adding Elliot on the right and possibly McGarry on the left, with Marinovic in goal - an all kiwi defence would be good to see and very doable.

Marquee
2.7K
·
9.1K
·
over 6 years

Last week Timbers lost Sebastian Blanco to a season ending cruciate knee injury. Huge loss for them, and really hard to see them winning MLS title without him.

Wash my mouth out, but Davila would be a handy replacement. No family unfriendly hub going on in the MLS now.

Marquee
2.7K
·
9.1K
·
over 6 years

Full game in a 1-1 draw at San Jose Earthquakes (last in Western Conference).

Portland 7th.

Looks like Tuiloma coped a kick to the head or ball at force to the head. Anyway good to see him back starting

https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2020/09/17/highligh...

Actually Timbers missing playoffs, would be a good thing for the AWs, if there is anyway at all he can be brought over from the US, for these scheduled Euro friendlies. I see NZF have not yet confirmed Belgium game is off.

Marquee
2.7K
·
9.1K
·
over 6 years

Full game as Timbers run riot, with a 6-1 win at San Jose.

Very different to when they also played 3 days ago.

Portland up to 5th in Western Conference. Earthquakes remain bottom.

https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2020/09/20/highligh...

Marquee
2.7K
·
9.1K
·
over 6 years

Not in match day squad, as Timbers beat Seattle (1st in the West) 1-0 in their derby game.

3rd time they played each other in last 8 games. Out of the FFA playbook, though to be fair I think Covid is restricting long distance travel within the US, making playing local the easier option.

Portland up to 2nd, only separated from Seattle on GD - though Sounders do have one game in hand.

Marquee
2.7K
·
9.1K
·
over 6 years

Not in match day squad as Timbers win 1-0 in Vancouver.

Portland 2nd in the West.

Marquee
2.7K
·
9.1K
·
over 6 years

Unused sub in a goal fest at LA Galaxy.

6-3 win to the Timbers, who are now 3rd in the West.

Marquee
2.7K
·
9.1K
·
over 6 years

Starting as Portland (3rd in the West) host San Jose (7th)

Marquee
2.7K
·
9.1K
·
over 6 years

coochiee wrote:

Starting as Portland (3rd in the West) host San Jose (7th)

Full game in a 3-0 win. Plenty of rain. Could be a few MLS games in dicey conditions later on, as playoffs extend well into November.

https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2020/10/12/highligh...

Portland back up to 2nd in the West, on GD from Seattle.

Tight at the top - Seattle, Portland & SKC only separated by GD and 1 point.

Marquee
2.7K
·
9.1K
·
over 6 years

Full game and scores for Timbers in a 2-1 loss at Real Salt Lake.

Always a threat in the air Billy T.

https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2020/10/14/real-sal...

Portland stay 2nd in the West and RSL are 9th.

Marquee
2.7K
·
9.1K
·
over 6 years

Back to the bench as Portland host LAFC.

Marquee
2.7K
·
9.1K
·
over 6 years

coochiee wrote:

Back to the bench as Portland host LAFC.

Subbed on at 91 mins with Timbers up 1-0.

Unfortunately LAFC equalise 2 mins later. Finishes 1-1.

https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2020/10/19/highligh...

Portland 1st in the West. Though Seattle a point behind, have 2 games in hand.

LAFC 4th

Marquee
2.7K
·
9.1K
·
over 6 years

On the bench as Portland travel to Seattle.

4th MLS game against Sounders in the last 2 months!! Over kill of the Pacific North West derby.

In that same time they haven't played one team from the Eastern Conference. Haven't played Reid's SKC once all season from what I can see.

Obviously some Covid related travel restrictions around the various US states, but doesn't lead to a very fair and equitable draw at all.

Marquee
2.7K
·
9.1K
·
over 6 years

coochiee wrote:

On the bench as Portland travel to Seattle.

Finishes 1-1. Sounders scored at 93 mins.

2nd game in a row, Timbers have conced a post 90 min equaliser.

Tuiloma unused sub.

https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2020/10/23/highligh...

Seattle (1st) still edges Portland (2nd) for top spot in the West on GD.

Marquee
2.7K
·
9.1K
·
over 6 years

On the bench as Portland (3rd in the West) host cellar dwellers LA Galaxy.

Timbers already 3-0 up approaching HT.

Marquee
2.7K
·
9.1K
·
over 6 years

coochiee wrote:

On the bench as Portland (3rd in the West) host cellar dwellers LA Galaxy.

Timbers already 3-0 up approaching HT.

Finished 5-2 Portland.

Tuiloma an unused sub.

Timbers stay 3rd (on GD) in the West.

https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2020/10/29/portland...

Marquee
2.7K
·
9.1K
·
over 6 years

On the bench as Timbers host Vancouver.

Marquee
2.7K
·
9.1K
·
over 6 years

coochiee wrote:

On the bench as Timbers host Vancouver.

Unused sub as Portland win 1-0.

They go top of the Western Conference, with 2 games left.

Vancouver 10th.

Marquee
2.7K
·
9.1K
·
over 6 years

Starting as Timbers host Colorado.

No Wynne for the Rapids.

You’ll need an account to join the conversation!

Sign in Sign up